How to get to Manila: Flying into Ninoy Aquino International Airport will land you in the center of the Manila city district, or alternatively you can fly into Clark International Airport and take 90 minute bus trip down south to Manila city center. Looking for a flight to Manila? Check out the best prices now at Jet Radar
Best time of year to visit: October until June is considered the ‘Summer’ period with tourist numbers peaking between March-June.
Key Manila Highlights
The number one cultural and tourist attraction in Manila is definitely Intramuros, which is the old Spanish district located in Old Manila. Take a donkey carriage ride around the old cobble stone streets and take in the sights of the old Spanish colonial era buildings, don’t forget to check out the San Agustin Church! Makati is the old CBD of Manila, now overtaken by Fort Bonifacio, located in the center of Manila and easily accessible from the Airport by Grab or Taxi. Makati has all the key features of any major CBD including 5 star hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, shopping malls and business facilities. If you are in Manila for business you will want to base yourself here or Fort Bonifacio as this is where most of the major office locations are.
There are a few major landmarks in Makati celebrating the history of the Philippines, as well as some landmark buildings to see. If you want to enjoy the nightlife and emerging food culture of Manila then Makati is a great spot to base yourself.
Our top activities in Makati include
- Visit the Ayala Museum and take in some of the rich history and culture of the Philippines.
- Take a stroll around the Ayala Triangle Gardens and stop for a coffee or a bite to eat.
- Have lunch at the Salcedo Community Market, open on Saturdays.
- Shop till you drop at high end international designer stores, or enjoy the outside mall and its many high quality restaurants, cafes and bars at The Greenbelt Mall.
- Find some cool new bars and restaurants in the Poblacion District.
- Have an afternoon of fun and entertainment at Mystery Manila.
- Take a photo at the Ninoy Aquino Monument.
- Visit the high end Power Plant Mall in the upmarket area known as Rockwell.
Our top hotels in Makati include
The Peninsula Manila is a landmark accommodation that has been a destination in its own right since opening in 1976. There are few properties in the capital with such a rich and colorful history, where a long list of VIPs have stepped into its imposing, classic lobby—an architectural gem that best exemplifies the city’s glamorous side.
Along with extraordinary service, the property features elegant public areas that complement its 469 understated guest rooms infused with “Timeless Filipino” elements like capiz shell, crushed coconut panels and native woods. Dine at exceptional restaurants, like the award-winning French-inspired Old Manila or Spices, offering Southeast Asian cuisine. Indulge in spa treatments and work out at The Peninsula Spa and Fitness Center.
Conveniently located in the heart of Manila’s most prestigious business, commercial and shopping district, Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel is the perfect base for both business and leisure travelers, with the city’s top malls and entertainment venues within easy walking distance. The Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal One is approximately 40 minutes away, while Terminals Two and Three are approximately 20 minutes away.
Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel caters to the needs of both business and leisure travelers by providing an extensive range of facilities and services delivered by experienced staff. The fully-equipped health club includes a 24-hour gym, spa and outdoor swimming pool. There are seven restaurants and bars that offer satisfying Asian and Western cuisines carefully prepared by the property’s international culinary team. At Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel, guests can take their time and have a relaxing vacation in a luxurious sanctuary.
Designed for both business and leisure travel, Discovery Primea Hotel is ideally situated in Makati; one of the city’s most popular locales. The city center is merely 10 kilometers away and the airport can be reached within 14 minutes. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
At Discovery Primea Hotel, every effort is made to make guests feel comfortable. To do so, the hotel provides the best in services and amenities. While lodging at this wonderful property, guests can enjoy room service, a salon, valet parking, shops, and express check-in/check-out process.
All guest accommodations feature thoughtful amenities to ensure an unparalleled sense of comfort. The hotel offers wonderful recreational facilities such as a spa, massage treatments, a fitness center, a sauna, and an outdoor pool to make your stay truly unforgettable. Superb facilities and an excellent location make Discovery Primea Hotel the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Manila.
For travelers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Manila, I’M Hotel is the perfect choice. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
The facilities and services provided by I’M Hotel ensure a pleasant stay for guests. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, postal service, taxi service.
I’M Hotel is home to 434 bedrooms. All are tastefully furnished and many even provide such comforts as television LCD/plasma screen, bathroom phone, complimentary instant coffee, complimentary tea, free welcome drink. The complete list of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including fitness center, sauna, outdoor pool, spa, massage. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the I’M Hotel the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Manila.
If what you’re looking for is a conveniently located hotel in Manila, look no further than Fairmont Makati. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
Fairmont Makati offers impeccable service and all the essential amenities to invigorate travelers. To name a few of the hotel’s facilities, there are 24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, 24-hour front desk.
In addition, all guestrooms feature a variety of comforts. Many rooms even provide television LCD/plasma screen, linens, towels, separate living room, internet access – wireless to please the most discerning guest. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or are just looking for a way to unwind after a hard day, you will be entertained by top-class recreational facilities such as hot tub, fitness center, outdoor pool, spa, pool (kids). Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Fairmont Makati.
Nestled in the heart of Makati, Palm Rock Residences is an ideal spot from which to discover Manila. Only from the city center, the hotel’s strategic location ensures that guests can quickly and easily reach many local points of interest. With the city’s main attractions such as Powerplant Mall, Museo Ng Makati, Embassy of France within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.
Palm Rock Residences offers impeccable service and all the essential amenities to invigorate travelers. For the comfort and convenience of guests, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, Wi-Fi in public areas.
25 rooms spread over 5 floors provide a warm and pleasant home away from home. Modern comforts such as television LCD/plasma screen, complimentary instant coffee, linens, mirror, slippers can be found in selected rooms. Throughout the day you can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the golf course (within 3 km), massage. Whatever your reason for visiting Manila, the Palm Rock Residences is the perfect venue for an exhilarating and exciting break away.
Herald Suites Polaris, located in the Makati area, is a popular choice for travelers. The property lies from the city center and provides accessibility to important town facilities. With its convenient location, the property offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
Herald Suites Polaris offers many facilities to enrich your stay in Manila. The property provides free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, wheelchair accessible, 24-hour front desk to ensure the greatest comfort.
The property’s accommodations have been carefully appointed to the highest degree of comfort and convenience. In some of the rooms, guests can find closet, complimentary tea, towels, slippers, complimentary instant coffee. The property’s host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient accommodation in Manila, make Herald Suites Polaris your home away from home.
Located at the heart of the Makati Central Business District, The Mini Suites – Eton Tower Makati is the only property with direct access to Makati’s elevated walkways, giving its guest an easy access to commercial establishments, educational institutions, corporate headquarters, and main thoroughfares.
The Mini Suites – Eton Tower Makati puts you in the center of all the sights and sounds of the city as you enjoy first-class accommodations accompanied by a wide selection of great restaurants and retail shops just an elevator ride away from your room. Top hair stylist and fashion mentor Lourd Ramos joins other brands like Empire Salon, Karada, Bo’s Coffee and Anytime Fitness for discerning guests who want to de-stress or just spend time with family and friends.
Go around the city, explore every sight you have wanted to see and cap off a great day by enjoying a night of world-class comfort and convenience in your room. All rooms are tastefully furnished with in-room safe, air-conditioning and TV with satellite/cable channels. With an ideal location and facilities to match, The Mini Suites – Eton Tower Makati hits the spot in many ways.
High End Dining
- The Peninsula Hotel in Makati has several high end fine dining options covering a variety of cuisines with fresh local and imported produce and products on the menus. Dress sharply as this is a 5 Star hotel and the top end of the Philippines and Ex Pat communities come here to wine and dine for family events and business functions.
- The Shangri-La Makati is a 5 star hotel with several high end fine dining options, albeit a little less grandeur than its neighbor the Peninsula. However, still a very breathtaking entrance and quality of restaurants, food options and service here are second to none.
- Blackbird is a Asian-Contemporary fusion restaurant located at the Ayala Triangle Gardens directly across the road from The Peninsula Hotel. This is a great place for a business lunch or a very nice dinner with friends or colleagues.
- Romulo Cafe, Sentro 1771, and XO 46 Heritage Bistro all offer a variety of Filipino classic cuisines cooked with the finest ingredients and with interiors to match.
- Nikkei is a Japanese-Peruvian fusion restaurant that is the first of its kind in The Philippines. This is a great place if you like sushi and sea food raw or cooked to perfection.
- Located at the ground floor of the I’M Hotel is a great new gastro pub called Hops and Brews. Quality coffee, beers, cocktails and food to match, if you’re looking for a trendy new bar with really great food options to match you wont be disappointed.
- Your local is a quality dining establishment, however the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is quite laid back and relaxing. The food here is really good and has a hit list of modern South-East Asian items on the menu for you to try out.
- Manila is full of great Ramen places and the locals are ‘Baliw’ about trying out any new ramen house that opens its doors in Manila. One of the best, in our opinion, is located in Salcedo Village called Mendokoro Ramenba.
- If you are looking for the best coffee and baked goods, with awesome breakfast and lunch menus then we suggest you visit one of several WildFlour Cafes located around Manila.
Makati location map
Looking for someone to help you plan a trip to Makati? Get in touch with us now and we can help you make it a trip to remember.
Keywords: Manila, Travel, Tour, Philippines, Makati, BGC, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Pasay, Mandaluyong, Malate, Alabang, Visit, Vacation, Holiday, Business, Trip, Hotels, Flights, Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, Best, Top, Rated, Attractions, Activities, Tourism, Adventure